A Day in the Life of a T.H.E Dancer
In celebration of T.H.E Dance Company’s 10th anniversary, 20 participants will get to experience a day in the life of a T.H.E dancer! This full-day programme will begin with a Company class, followed by learning and rehearsing an excerpt from T.H.E’s classic work, “As It Fades” – a Singapore Arts Festival 2011 commission created by Artistic Director Kuik Swee Boon, which will culminate in a free performance showing open to the public, followed by a short performance by T.H.E Second Company - work(s) in progress from their liTHE 2018 production in November, and an audience Q&A session with the performers.
Important: Before registering as a Participant, please refer to the terms and conditions below.
• Dance Participant's Time Commitment: 10am – 6pm.
Participants may arrive at 9:45am to warm-up and change. There will a 1 hour lunch break and intermittent water breaks given.
• Dance Participants must attend all activities, starting with the Company class, Rehearsal and performance showing to the public.
Public Audience may arrive at T.H.E's Dance Studio between 4:30-5pm to watch the Run-Through of As It Fades (at 5pm) and Q&A session.
This will conclude with exclusive first look of work(s) in progress by T.H.E Second Company for the upcoming liTHE 2018.
Schedule of the Day:
10am-11.15am – Company Class
11.15am-11.30am – Break
11.30am-2pm – Rehearsal
2pm–3pm – Lunch Break
3pm-4.30pm – Rehearsal
4.30pm-5pm – Preparation for run through
5pm-5.15pm – Run Through
5.15pm-5.30pm – Debrief, Question and Answer
5.30pm-5.45pm – Break
5.45pm-6pm – Showing of excerpt by Second Company
Any enquires, please contact us:
✓ Phone: 63458454
✓ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions:
· No particular age limit is set. Participants should however note that the company class and rehearsals will be pegged at intermediate – advanced level, in order to experience an authentic day in the dancer’s life. This programme will likely attract youths and adults whom attend dance classes (of any form) and are aware of T.H.E Dance Company. Our goal is to reach out to participants who are unfamiliar with contemporary dance and find the form inaccessible, but possess a foundational training in other genres such as street dance, ballet, flamenco, ballroom, etc. Prior exposure and contact with dance is a highly recommended element.
· Participant should also be aware that this programme requires a full-day commitment. Thus, participants should only register their interest if they are able to attend the entire session, and are of reasonable fitness and stamina levels. We suggest that interested participants visit our website and YouTube channels to have a sense of what to expect from our repertoire.
· The Company will assess and advise registrants on a case by case basis, and may turn down unsuitable registrants.
Other related shows under T.H.E's 10th Anniversary celebration:
11 - 12 October: da:ns festival 2018 presents: Invisible Habitudes by Kuik Swee Boon
15 - 17 November: liTHE 1018 by T.H.E Second Company
Photo: As It Fades in DiverCity 2014 (By Bernie Ng)
- The event description was updated. Diff#369344 2018-09-11 05:38:51
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM SGT
- T.H.E Dance Studio, Blk M, #01-51
Dance Participant: Training to be a T.H.E Dancer (10am-6pm) FREE FULL Public: Q&A Session and Observing Rehearsal (4.30pm-6pm) FREE FULL Waitlist: We may contact you in case of vacancy due to last minute cancellation. FULL
- Venue Address
- 90 Goodman Rd, Singapore 439053 Singapore
T.H.E Dance Company413 Followers